PPC SQL Server Consultants
use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), formerly Data Transformation Services
(DTS) for a variety of tasks such as Data Warehouse or Data Mart Population, Data
Cleaning and Standardization, Data Copy, Data Transformation, Merging data from
multiple sources, Data Validation using multiple data sources, Automating administrative
Tasks e.g. (backing up databases, restoring databases, copying data from production
to development, database maintenance jobs), and Extract, Transform & Load
(ETL). These include:
Have DTS Packages and Migrating to SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server?
- Data Warehouse: We use SSIS to import data into data warehouses.
This includes incremental imports of fact and dimension tables.
- Data Transfer: We use SSIS to transfer data from one SQL
Server to another.
- Data Import: SSIS is used to data from legacy systems into
SQL Server. This includes text files or older database formats.
- Rollback: Design incremental jobs using transactions and timestamps
to facilitate roll backs and minimize execution time when working with large data
- Data Quality Validation
- Transform Data (summary, aggregation, filtering, splitting from
one source to multiple destinations)
- Extract: Extract data from a variety of Sources (SharePoint, CRM,
Web Services, Flat Files, Oracle, SQL, DB2, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Error Handling and Notification
- Integrated Third Party Plug-ins: to aid in extracting data from
data sources with no standards
PPC's ETL consultants use SQL Server Integration Services which provides several
options for preserving solutions created by using the SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation
Services (DTS) tools and object model. You can migrate DTS packages to the Integration
Services format, continue to run DTS packages by using the DTS runtime, or incorporate
DTS packages into Integration Services solutions by using the Execute DTS 2000 Package
task. Our SQL Server SSIS Consultants can guide you through this migration
Our SSIS consultants perform this work for companies in California and around