|To be successful in today's competitive marketplace, organizations need to extend information beyond the walls of their organization and seamlessly interact with customers, partners, and suppliers in real time. Our Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services consultants will enable your organization to transform valuable enterprise data into shared information for insightful, timely decisions at a lower total cost of ownership. Our certified SQL Server Reporting Services consultants are experts at Reporting Services implementation, report development, and support.|
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a comprehensive, server-based solution that enables the creation, management, and delivery of both traditional, paper-oriented reports and interactive, Web-based reports. An integrated part of the Microsoft business intelligence framework, Reporting Services combines the data management capabilities of SQL Server and Microsoft Windows Server with familiar and powerful Microsoft Office System applications to deliver real-time information to support daily operations and drive decisions.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Consulting Services:
Business Intelligence Reporting
- Basic Report Design with table reports
- Creating drill down, document maps and actions
- Using expressions, multi-value report parameters, interactive sorting and floating headers
- Using the Tablix to create table, matrix and lists
- Subreports and Charting
- Building parameterized reports using query parameters and filters
- Using stored procedures and user defined functions to build dynamic reports
- Displaying recursive hierarchies
- Creating reports from an Analysis Services cubes
- Reporting with Analysis Service
Administering Reporting Services
- Setting up Report Models
- Adding ad-hoc reporting to a reporting platform
- Creating a report using the ad-hoc features of Report Builder 2008
- Exploring data from cubes and report models
Reporting Services Integration and Custom Programming
- Report Management
- Publishing content to report server for public consumption
- Organizing content into folders
- Configuring data settings
- Setting up report execution (on demand, cached instanced and snapshots)
- Delivering reports via standard and data driven subscriptions
- Administering and monitoring report executions and subscriptions
- Manipulating the server configuration files
- Report server administration
- Integrating Reports into Custom Applications
- Integrating Reports with SharePoint
- Integrating Reports with Microsoft CRM
- Extending Reporting Services
- Extending Report & Server Management
Full Reporting Life Cycle Support:
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) supports the full reporting life cycle, including:
Report authoring. Report developers can create reports to be published to the Report Server using Microsoft or other design tools that use Report Definition Language (RDL), an XML-based industry standard used to define reports.
Report management. Report definitions, folders, and resources are published and managed as a Web service. Managed reports can be executed either on demand or on a specified schedule, and are cached for consistency and performance. In SQL Server Reporting Services, administrators can use the Management Studio to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history.
Report delivery. SQL Server Reporting Services supports both on-demand (pull) and event-based (push) delivery of reports. Users can view reports in a Web-based format or in e-mail.
Report security. SQL Server Reporting Services implements a flexible, role-based security model to protect reports and reporting resources. The product includes extensible interfaces for integrating other security models as well.
Key Reporting Scenarios:
SQL Server Reporting Services combines a single, complete reporting platform with a scalable and extensible architecture to meet a wide variety of reporting needs, including:
Enterprise reporting. Enterprises can use Reporting Services for their operational reporting or business intelligence applications. Using Reporting Services, corporate IT staff can design a variety of reports and deploy them to individual throughout the enterprise.
Ad-hoc reporting. SQL Server Reporting Services includes Report Builder, a new ad-hoc reporting tool that enables business users to create their own reports and explore corporate data. Report Builder incorporates a user-friendly business query model that enables users to build reports without deep technical understanding of the underlying data sources.
Web-based reporting for partners and customers. Organizations can deploy interactive Web-based reports to deliver information to customers or partners over extranets of the Internet. Reporting Services isolates report consumers from the complexity of the underlying data sources, while providing personalization and interactivity.
Please contact our SQL Server Reporting Services consulting team for a free demonstration.