Microsoft Lync Consultants
PPC Professional Services has been helping businesses respond to today’s changing work styles and the need for real-time collaboration by deploying Microsoft Lync. Our Lync Consultants help organizations that are looking for integrated productivity tools that enable users to communicate from anywhere in a cost-effective and secure manner. Formerly known as our OCS Consulting team, our Microsoft Lync Consulting Team uses Lync Server 2010 to deliver a fresh, intuitive user experience that brings organizations together in the different ways people communicate in a single interface. This unified experience facilitates rapid user adoption, while the ability to support a full range of communications from a single platform reduces both capital and operational costs. Below you can see what Lync offers:
New Connected Experience
- Find and communicate with the right person, naturally. With native Active Directory® integration, Lync helps users find the right person to connect with, view their presence, and then communicate with them in the most effective way—via voice, video, or sharing an application or PowerPoint. If desired, users can initiate these connections directly from the new Contact Card. With Skill Search powered by SharePoint®, users are also able to search for others based on skills, expertise, and group information.
- Stay connected from virtually anywhere, with just a standard Internet connection.* Microsoft Lync offers the same rich functionality and security features outside the firewall without requiring a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, and enables mobile and Web access across leading browsers and platforms.
- Build social connections and stay up to date on colleagues’ activities. Lync encourages closer social connections with a new Activity Feed that shows updates from contacts when they change status note, picture, title, or office location.
Integration with Microsoft Office
- Communicate with context from Microsoft Office applications. Lync works with Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office applications for a richer collaborative experience with consistent presence, click-to-call options, and a new Contact Card.
- Office Backstage™ integration. The new Office Backstage view integrates various communication options so users can share documents and presentations via instant messaging (IM), share the application itself, or click to call directly from the application.
- Enhanced virtual meetings for improved productivity. Users can schedule a meeting from Microsoft Outlook® and join through Lync via the PC, phone, or Web interface. Lync provides a meeting user interface with integrated audio and video that enables participants to share presentations, annotate slides, superimpose text, and use visual pointers for more effective discussions. Additionally, users have the option to create ad hoc meetings, moving from an IM conversation, for example, to a Live Meeting, directly from the Lync interface.
- Complete set of enterprise-grade voice features. Using SIP trunking, Lync delivers a standalone voice offering to enhance or replace traditional PBX systems, and extends these capabilities outside the office via Internet access without requiring a VPN connection. This includes common calling features such as answer, forward, transfer, hold, divert, release, and park, along with Enhanced 9-1-1 calling* for North America, and support for legacy devices and a broader range of IP and USB user devices from partners. The solution is designed to support high availability through Call Admission Control, branch office survivability*, and extended options for data resiliency.
Interoperable and Extensible
- Connect across networks. Lync supports federation with public IM networks such as Windows Live™, AOL, Yahoo!, and, through the XMPP Gateway, Google Talk, allowing workers to use their corporate identities to connect to customers and partners. Lync supports audio and video callswith users on Windows Live Messenger.
- Utilize existing A/V infrastructure. Conferencing interoperability enables organizations to use existing infrastructure including room systems and high-end conferencing solutions.
- Integrate with existing PBX systems. Lync works with almost any PBX system either through Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) or qualified gateways, and integrates with qualified third-party SIP Trunking Service Providers.
- Embed communications in business processes. New and improved client-side APIs allow developers to embed Lync functionality into Microsoft Windows® and Microsoft Silverlight®-based applications with supported, ready-to-use code snippets. Enhanced server-side APIs make it easy to instantiate and deliver alerts via IM or phone, find experts, enable Web chat, and provide automated self-service using query-response bots and IVR.
- Easily deploy systems of any scale, and manage with ease. Lync can provide presence, IM, and conferencing for organizations of literally any size, with up to 10,000 users per server, 100,000 users per pool, and an unlimited number of pools. Automated tools not only simplify capacity planning and topology design, but also automatically push configuration information and changes to all servers in the network, thus eliminating manual work and the associated chance for errors. The new Lync Server Control Panel consolidates scenario-driven tasks in a single interface, while PowerShell support allows administrators to automate repetitive tasks using a familiar tool. Lync relies on Active Directory, eliminating the need for separate user and policy databases, and uses Role Based Access Control (RBAC) to allow the assignment of appropriate management roles and scopes to different administrators.
- Support for on-premises and hosted environments. Lync can be deployed on-premises or in a service-based (hosted) or hybrid environment. It offers full and seamless integration with Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, allowing customers to choose how to best deliver enterprise messaging and collaboration capabilities to end users.
Interested in learning more about creating a new connected experience in everyday business communications? Call our Microsoft Lync Consultants for a demonstration online or in your office.